Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit is definitely influenced by the course of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specific. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal gear models type HA, HB and HC are suggested for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear units type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement should be specified while purchasing the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Make reference to the rating table, discover in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm check the gear box rating horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected in a way that the ranked HP is equal or even more compared to the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric motor for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will end up being suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in class II duty the rated HP is 9.5
· Since the consumed HP is definitely 9, the unit HB-350 will be suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric engine for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will become suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for insight rpm of 960 in course IV duty the rated HP is 3
Are you thinking about finding out more regarding crane duty helical gearbox?