Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox depends upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit is usually influenced by the class of duty of the crane which should be determined and specific. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal equipment models type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical equipment systems type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while ordering the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower necessary for the prime mover.
3. Make reference to the rating desk, discover in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm examine the gear box rating horizontally for various course of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected such that the rated HP is equal or more compared to the consumed HP.
1. Decide on a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric engine for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will become suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for input rpm of 720 in class II duty the rated HP is 9.5
· Since the consumed HP is 9, the machine HB-350 will end up being suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric motor for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will be suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in class IV duty the rated HP is 3
Perspective more video clips about crane duty helical gearbox.