Made in China Low Price Worm Gear Box
NMRV 571-150 worm gear box with flange and electric motor
NMRV+NMRV Double Stage Arrangement Reduction Gear Box
RV Series Worm Gearbox
worm speed reducer
nmrv worm gear motor
Including RV / NMRV / NRV.
Main Characteristic of RV Series Worm Gearbox
RV series worm gear reducer is a new-generation product developed by CHINAMFG on the basis of perfecting WJ series products with a compromise of advanced technology both at home and abroad.
1. High-quality aluminum alloy, light in weight and non-rusting.
2. Large in output torque.
3. Smooth running and low noise,durable in dreadful conditions.
4. High radiation efficiency.
5. Good-looking appearance, durable in service life and small volume.
6. Suitable for omnibearing installation.
Main Materials of RV Series Worm Gearbox
1. Housing: die-cast aluminum alloy(frame size: 571 to 090), cast iron(frame size: 110 to 150).
2. Worm: 20Crm, carbonization quencher heat treatment makes the surface hardness of worm gears up to 56-62 HRX, retain carbonization layer’s thickness between 0.3 and 0.5mm after precise grinding.
3. Worm Wheel: wearable stannum bronze alloy.
|MOUNTING TYPE||FOOT-MOUNTED FLANGE-MOUNTED|
|When working, great load capacity, stable running, low noise with high efficiency.|
|Gear Box’s Usage Field|
|6||Water Conserbancy||16||Air Compressor|
|10||Chemical industry||20||Textile indutry|
|Ratio||7.5-100, the double gearbox is more|
|Color||Blue, Silver or as customers’ need|
|Material||Iron or Aluminium|
|Packing||Carton with Plywood Case or as clients’ requirement|
|Mounting Methods||Foot Installation||Flange Installation|
|For various mortor or double input/output shafts can be equipped|
Packaging & Shipping
After Sales Service
1.Q:What kinds of gearbox can you produce for us?
A:Main products of our company: UDL series speed variator,RV series worm gear reducer, ATA series shaft mounted gearbox, X,B series gear reducer,
P series planetary gearbox and R, S, K, and F series helical-tooth reducer, more
than 1 hundred models and thousands of specifications
2.Q:Can you make as per custom drawing?
A: Yes, we offer customized service for customers.
3.Q:What is your terms of payment ?
A: 30% Advance payment by T/T after signing the contract.70% before delivery
4.Q:What is your MOQ?
A: 1 Set
Welcome you contace me if you are interested in our product.
Our team will support any need you might have.
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Shape:||Helical Gear|
Self-Locking Properties in a Worm Gearbox
Yes, worm gearboxes exhibit self-locking properties, which can be advantageous in certain applications. Self-locking refers to the ability of a mechanism to prevent the transmission of motion from the output shaft back to the input shaft when the system is at rest. Worm gearboxes inherently possess self-locking properties due to the unique design of the worm gear and worm wheel.
The self-locking behavior arises from the angle of the helix on the worm shaft. In a properly designed worm gearbox, the helix angle of the worm is such that it creates a mechanical advantage that resists reverse motion. When the gearbox is not actively driven, the friction between the worm threads and the worm wheel teeth creates a locking effect.
This self-locking feature makes worm gearboxes particularly useful in applications where holding a load in position without external power is necessary. For instance, they are commonly used in situations where there’s a need to prevent a mechanism from backdriving, such as in conveyor systems, hoists, and jacks.
However, it’s important to note that while self-locking properties can be beneficial, they also introduce some challenges. The high friction between the worm gear and worm wheel during self-locking can lead to higher wear and heat generation. Additionally, the self-locking effect can reduce the efficiency of the gearbox when it’s actively transmitting motion.
When considering the use of a worm gearbox for a specific application, it’s crucial to carefully analyze the balance between self-locking capabilities and other performance factors to ensure optimal operation.
Does a Worm Reducer Require Frequent Maintenance?
Worm reducers generally require less frequent maintenance compared to some other types of gearboxes due to their design and operating characteristics. However, maintenance is still essential to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Here are some key points to consider:
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is crucial for worm gearboxes. Regularly check the lubricant level and quality to prevent wear and overheating. Lubricant should be changed as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Inspections: Periodically inspect the gearbox for signs of wear, damage, or oil leaks. Check for any unusual noises, vibrations, or changes in performance that could indicate a problem.
- Tightening and Alignment: Check and tighten any loose fasteners and ensure that the gearbox is properly aligned. Misalignment can lead to increased wear and reduced efficiency.
- Seal Maintenance: Inspect and maintain seals to prevent oil leakage and contaminants from entering the gearbox.
- Cleaning: Keep the gearbox clean from debris and contaminants that could affect its performance. Regular cleaning can prevent premature wear and damage.
- Load and Speed: Ensure that the gearbox is operating within its rated load and speed limits. Exceeding these limits can lead to accelerated wear and potential failure.
- Environmental Conditions: Consider the operating environment of the gearbox. Extreme temperatures, humidity, and other factors can impact the gearbox’s performance and longevity.
While worm gearboxes are known for their durability and self-locking feature, neglecting maintenance can lead to premature wear, reduced efficiency, and potential breakdowns. Following the manufacturer’s recommendations for maintenance intervals and procedures is essential to keep the worm reducer in optimal condition.
How to Select the Right Worm Gearbox for Your Application
Selecting the right worm gearbox for your application involves careful consideration of various factors:
- Load Requirements: Determine the torque and load requirements of your application to ensure the selected gearbox can handle the load without compromising performance.
- Speed Reduction: Calculate the required gear reduction ratio to achieve the desired output speed. Worm gearboxes are known for high reduction ratios.
- Efficiency: Consider the gearbox’s efficiency, as worm gearboxes typically have lower efficiency due to the sliding action. Evaluate whether the efficiency meets your application’s needs.
- Space Constraints: Assess the available space for the gearbox. Worm gearboxes have a compact design, making them suitable for applications with limited space.
- Mounting Options: Determine the mounting orientation and configuration that best suits your application.
- Operating Environment: Consider factors such as temperature, humidity, and exposure to contaminants. Choose a gearbox with appropriate seals and materials to withstand the environment.
- Backlash: Evaluate the acceptable level of backlash in your application. Worm gearboxes may exhibit more backlash compared to other gear types.
- Self-Locking: If self-locking capability is required, confirm that the selected gearbox can prevent reverse motion without the need for external braking mechanisms.
- Maintenance: Consider the maintenance requirements of the gearbox. Some worm gearboxes require periodic lubrication and maintenance to ensure proper functioning.
- Cost: Balance the features and performance of the gearbox with the overall cost to ensure it aligns with your budget.
Consult with gearbox manufacturers or experts to get recommendations tailored to your specific application. Testing and simulations can also help validate the suitability of a particular gearbox for your needs.
editor by CX 2023-09-15