S helical worm gearbox motor/ reducer motor
S series is 1 kind of Helical worm gearbox ,designed as Modularization and high-stainless cast iron case . It is combination of helical gear and worm gear ,which with higher efficiency and strength than simple aluminum worm gearbox . Due to their outstanding efficiency, these drives can be used in every industrial sector and tailored to individual torque and speed requirements. The gear ratios afforded by the helical-worm gear stage and the low noise levels during operation make these gear motor ideal low-cost solutions for simple applications
GPHQ S worm reducer motor materials
|housing material:||HT2OO high-strength cast iron|
|Surface hardness of gear||HRC58°-62°|
|Gear core hardness||HRC33°-40°|
|Input/Output shaft material||40Cr|
|Input/Output shaft hardness||HBS241°-286°|
|Shaft at oil seal position hardness||HRC48 ° -55 °|
|Machining precision of gears material||Accurate grinding 6-5 grade|
|Efficiency||up to 98%|
|Motor||IP54, F class ,B5 FLANGE|
|color :||blue (if you need big quantity ,we can done as your wanted color )|
Our reduction geared motor Advantage
1,reasonable price with excellent quality
2,delivery in time
3,safe ,reliable ,economical and durable
4,stable transmission ,quiet operation
5,smooth running and low noise
6,nice appearance ,durable service life
7,high heat-radiating efficiency ,high carrying ability
8,each gearbox must be tested before packing
9.reply in high efficiency during 1 working day
10. professional to produce gearbox and electric motor .
If there is any question, please don’t hesitate to contact with me (EVA), U can send us your inquiry. And you will get response in 1 working day.
GEARBOX CATALOGUE :
for 1 container, directly loading ,for less, all goods with pallet.
1, Q:what\’s your MOQ for ac gearbox motor ?
A: 1pc is ok for each type electric gear box motor
2, Q: What about your warranty for your induction speed reducer motor ?
A: 1 year ,but except man-made destroyed
3, Q: which payment way you can accept ?
A: TT, western union .
4, Q: how about your payment way ?
A: 100%payment in advanced less $5000 ,30% payment in advanced payment , 70% payment before sending over $5000.
5, Q: how about your packing of speed reduction motor ?
A: plywood case ,if size is small ,we will pack with pallet for less 1 container
6, Q: What information should be given, if I buy electric helical geared motor from you ?
A: rated power, ratio or output speed,type ,voltage , mounting way , quantity , if more is better .
|Application:||Motor, Machinery, Agricultural Machinery|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Surface Hardness of Gear:||HRC58°-62°|
Self-Locking Properties in a Worm Gearbox
Yes, worm gearboxes exhibit self-locking properties, which can be advantageous in certain applications. Self-locking refers to the ability of a mechanism to prevent the transmission of motion from the output shaft back to the input shaft when the system is at rest. Worm gearboxes inherently possess self-locking properties due to the unique design of the worm gear and worm wheel.
The self-locking behavior arises from the angle of the helix on the worm shaft. In a properly designed worm gearbox, the helix angle of the worm is such that it creates a mechanical advantage that resists reverse motion. When the gearbox is not actively driven, the friction between the worm threads and the worm wheel teeth creates a locking effect.
This self-locking feature makes worm gearboxes particularly useful in applications where holding a load in position without external power is necessary. For instance, they are commonly used in situations where there’s a need to prevent a mechanism from backdriving, such as in conveyor systems, hoists, and jacks.
However, it’s important to note that while self-locking properties can be beneficial, they also introduce some challenges. The high friction between the worm gear and worm wheel during self-locking can lead to higher wear and heat generation. Additionally, the self-locking effect can reduce the efficiency of the gearbox when it’s actively transmitting motion.
When considering the use of a worm gearbox for a specific application, it’s crucial to carefully analyze the balance between self-locking capabilities and other performance factors to ensure optimal operation.
Energy Efficiency of a Worm Gearbox: What to Expect
The energy efficiency of a worm gearbox is an important factor to consider when evaluating its performance. Here’s what you can expect in terms of energy efficiency:
- Typical Efficiency Range: Worm gearboxes are known for their compact size and high gear reduction capabilities, but they can exhibit lower energy efficiency compared to other types of gearboxes. The efficiency of a worm gearbox typically falls in the range of 50% to 90%, depending on various factors such as design, manufacturing quality, lubrication, and load conditions.
- Inherent Losses: Worm gearboxes inherently involve sliding contact between the worm and worm wheel. This sliding contact generates friction, leading to energy losses in the form of heat. The sliding action also contributes to lower efficiency when compared to gearboxes with rolling contact.
- Helical-Worm Design: Some manufacturers offer helical-worm gearbox designs that combine elements of helical and worm gearing. These designs aim to improve efficiency by incorporating helical gears in the reduction stage, which can lead to higher efficiency compared to traditional worm gearboxes.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication plays a significant role in minimizing friction and improving energy efficiency. Using high-quality lubricants and ensuring the gearbox is adequately lubricated can help reduce losses due to friction.
- Application Considerations: While worm gearboxes might have lower energy efficiency compared to other types of gearboxes, they still offer advantages in terms of compactness, high torque transmission, and simplicity. Therefore, the decision to use a worm gearbox should consider the specific requirements of the application, including the trade-off between energy efficiency and other performance factors.
When selecting a worm gearbox, it’s essential to consider the trade-offs between energy efficiency, torque transmission, gearbox size, and the specific needs of the application. Regular maintenance, proper lubrication, and selecting a well-designed gearbox can contribute to achieving the best possible energy efficiency within the limitations of worm gearbox technology.
Types of Worm Gear Configurations and Their Uses
Worm gear configurations vary based on the arrangement of the worm and the gear it engages with. Here are common types and their applications:
- Single Enveloping Worm Gear: This configuration offers high torque transmission and efficiency. It’s used in heavy-duty applications like mining equipment and industrial machinery.
- Double Enveloping Worm Gear: With increased contact area, this type provides higher load capacity and improved efficiency. It’s used in aerospace applications, robotics, and precision machinery.
- Non-Throated Worm Gear: This type has a cylindrical worm without a throat. It’s suitable for applications requiring precise motion control, such as CNC machines and robotics.
- Throated Worm Gear: Featuring a throat in the worm, this configuration offers smooth engagement and higher load capacity. It’s used in conveyors, elevators, and automotive applications.
- Non-Modular Worm Gear: In this design, the worm and gear are a matched set, resulting in better meshing and efficiency. It’s utilized in various industries where customization is essential.
- Modular Worm Gear: This type allows interchangeability of worm and gear components, providing flexibility in design and maintenance. It’s commonly used in conveyors, mixers, and material handling systems.
Selecting the appropriate worm gear configuration depends on factors such as load capacity, efficiency, precision, and application requirements. Consulting gearbox experts can help determine the best configuration for your specific needs.
editor by CX 2023-10-11